COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidelines
29 Mar 2021
Following government guidance which permits grounds of heritage sites to remain open for exercise, we are pleased to confirm that our Grounds are open to visitors, 10am – 5pm, Tue – Sun. We recognise how important the natural environment and special spaces are to our local community for their daily exercise and mental rejuvenation.
We are asking all visitors who live outside of the local area to adhere to the restrictions and not to visit Compton Verney. We continue to follow Government guidance, please ensure that you do not visit if you are unwell, are self isolating, or have been in contact with someone who is ill. At all times your safety is our priority – Stay Local and Stay Safe.
We are restricting daily numbers to our site, so please book in advance online. Due to a limited capacity it is compulsory that admission is pre-booked online, this is for your safety and that of our staff. Admission is by pre-booked slots only and you will be turned away without timed entry passes.
Before you visit please help us by:
- Pre-booking your Grounds admission online
- Ensuring you have received an email confirmation with your booking reference number, please always check your junk folder
- If applicable, checking your Access All Areas or Local Pass Membership is valid (if not please email email@example.com giving a minimum of 2 working days notice for your query to be answered)
- Have your booking reference (and Membership card, if applicable) available for checking in by one of our team outside our Welcome Centre
- Adhere to government guidelines regarding travelling within your local area and only visit with your household or support bubble, one other household, or in a group of up to six people at any one time. Government guidance can be found here www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do
- You must wear a mask whilst waiting to be checked and whilst interacting with staff
- Please have your booking reference to hand
- Please follow the direction of staff at all times
During your visit please can you ensure that you:
- Maintain social distancing around the site
- Explore all our spaces and dress for the weather. Please be aware some areas are muddy and scheduled work is taking place, some areas maybe cordoned off for your safety
- Our toilets in our Welcome Centre will remain open and will continue to be cleaned and monitored on a regular basis