COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidelines
03 NOV 2020
OUR GROUNDS REMAIN OPEN FOR YOU TO ENJOY THE GREAT OUTDOORS AT COMPTON VERNEY
We would like to extend our thanks for your continuing support during this challenging year.
In response to the recent Government announcement Compton Verney’s gallery and house will be closed from Thursday 5th November, reopening on Thursday 3rd December. Under the published Government guidelines outdoor spaces, including parks, will remain open, therefore with careful consideration we are keeping our Grounds and Welcome Centre open Tuesday -Sunday 10am-4.30pm (last entry 4pm). Our Welcome Centre team will be available to scan your Membership card and answer any queries you may have. Our outdoor catering Horsebox will remain open Tuesday-Sunday 10.30am-3.00pm for takeaway hot and cold drinks and food.
Please note we will continue to follow Government guidelines and ask that you adhere to the following when visiting:
- Wearing a face mask in our Welcome Centre and toilet areas
- Visiting with your family group, or visit with one other person
(babies and pre-school children are exempt) or your support bubble.
Whilst our gallery doors may be temporarily shut we are busily working behind the scenes finalising our Winter programme, both physical and digital, which will be shared soon. Please keep an eye on our website for updates.
We are planning to provide a year-round offer, and will be opening throughout the winter Covid permitting, for the first time.
01 JUL 2020
Over the past few weeks we have opened our Park and Welcome Centre and from 7 July we are delighted to announce the reopening of our House and Galleries. Whilst this is excellent news we have had to develop a new socially distanced model for the venue to ensure your safety and that of our staff. We have introduced a new system of pre-bookable timed tickets to restrict the numbers in the gallery spaces and also to collect visitor data to comply with government requirements.
As an organisation we have implemented the following measures to ensure your safety and comfort:
- Maintaining 2 metre social distancing across the whole site
- One-way system around the gallery spaces
- Contactless or card payments only
- Contactless scanning of Membership cards and protective perspex till screening
- Face coverings are to be worn in our Welcome Centre, Gift Shop and Galleries
- Hand sanitiser available on entry to the Welcome Centre, galleries and across the site
- Regularly cleaned and sanitised toilet facilities
- Lockers will not be available, please keep your belongings with you or leave in your car at your own risk
Our main gift shop in the house will be open and please enjoy refreshments from The Garden Shed at Compton Verney horsebox.
Our shuttle service is operating a limited service on request for Blue badge Holders and those with limited mobility.
During your visit we ask you follow social distancing and if you are unwell, are showing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone that has had the virus in the last 14 days we ask you to postpone your visit.
19 JUN 2020
Following the latest Government and Public Health England advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are pleased to confirm that we are opening our Welcome Centre, taking contactless payments only from Tue 23 Jun to add to our current Grounds offer. Current Members and Local Pass Holders do not need to purchase a Grounds Pass. Toilet Facilities are available and are cleaned after every use.
29 MAY 2020
Following the latest Government and Public Health England advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are pleased to confirm that we are opening our grounds for Members, Local Pass Holders and Grounds Pass Holders from Tue 2 Jun.
The safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority and we’ve introduced some new guidelines to support this.
– Limit the number of visitors to site so there is plenty of space for all
– Provide hand sanitiser stations for everyone to use
– Give you a warm welcome at a safe distance
Help us by:
– Maintaining a social distance by staying two metres apart from anyone outside your household
– Following government guidelines and keeping groups to a maximum of six people
– Staying at home if you or anyone you’ve been in contact with have had symptoms of coronavirus in the last 14 days
– Supporting our staff and following their guidance during your visit