Compton Verney Grounds Blog – 2014 in review
Interested in social media and blogging? Check out this summary of statistics (provided by WordPress.com) following another successful blogging year from the grounds team at Compton Verney:
- This blog was viewed about 8,000 times in 2014.
- There were 332 pictures uploaded, that’s about 6 pictures per week.
- The busiest day of the year was July 19th with 222 views.
- The most popular post that day was In a storm – please don’t shelter beneath trees!
- In 2014, there were 68 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 126 posts.
- The most commented on post in 2014 was Finish with a Flourish!
- Blog visitors came from 64 countries in all, most visitors coming from the U.K. (The United States & Canada were not far behind though!)
Blogging can at times be a labour of love, but if you love the place you’re at; there’s always something happening and something to talk about. Making time is the key!
Thanks to all who have supported the blog and passed on comments over the last two years – as ever we hope to bring more interesting and diverse stories during 2015! Keep an eye out for the next post in our 2014 month by month review posts – coming very soon! And if you’ve a spare moment, try popping #CVGrounds into Google to see the latest grounds specific tweets!
Gary Webb, Head of Landscape and Gardens at Compton Verney